MSC OPEN HOUSE IS MOVING ONLINE TO INSTAGRAM!
Yep, you heard that right. MSC Open House is moving to Instagram!
Not only are we moving online, but we’re moving dates as well! MSC Open House will be hosted virtually August 24-28.
Before we get into details, break out your phone and follow the new MSC Open House Instagram account (you can also follow along at www.instagram.com/mscopenhouse/) to see an example of what Virtual MSC Open House will look like!
We will be using the Instagram multiples feature to help connect students to the right involvement opportunity. In addition, we have templates available for download according to your organization type. When you receive your email with your confirmation code, it will include additional instructions on how to use and download templates.
Note that all media submissions are due by FRIDAY, AUGUST 7, 2020. Failure to submit content by that date will result in only what has been provided to be posted.
Each participating organization will be allowed 4 photos or slides
- Logo slide
- Application information
- Link or QR Code to Zoom call (set-up by the participating organization. (Instructions and guidelines will be sent via confirmation email)
- Self-created 30-60 second elevator pitch style video (why someone should join your organization)
The registration process has not changed. Register your organization TODAY at mscopenhouse.tamu.edu. Deadline to register is August 5, 2020 by noon.
PAYMENT & PAYMENT DEADLINES
With the change in MSC Open House, we are changing our price to $20 with a deadline of August 7, 2020 by noon. You can pay over the phone or by visiting the MSC Box Office (while wearing your required mask) 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A FEW HELPFUL HINTS
- The MSC Open House team is going to take the 5-day period and feature 2-3 different org types a day
- The MSC Open House team will release the schedule ahead of time so you know what days your organization will be featured
- This way, you can set up your Zoom call, Google Meet, Facebook or Instagram rooms to engage potential members
- Also, so you can engage with potential members within the comment of your post
- For the self-created video, we are calling on you to be creative and innovative. Sell your organization as best you can….however, please do not be vulgar or obscene (attached are best practices for Zoom recording)
- If you have the ability, please burn closed captions into your video
- Instructions on how to upload/submit your completed slides and video will be sent to all who have registered and paid
- The registration form features rules and guidelines for the in-person event. Until we can make changes without losing information already submitted, please continue to use the form at the bottom of the MSC Open House home page.
With this new virtual format, we will be able to host more than the 480 organizations we host during the in-person event.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please reach out to email@example.com.