MSC OPEN HOUSE RULES
Registration will close by August 20, 2018 at 4:30 p.m., with a table purchase deadline of August 22 by 4:30 p.m. No exceptions permitted (Registered tables not purchased by table purchase deadline will be forfeited).
Please note: We will NOT be sending out table assignments or the MSC Open House Directory before the day of MSC Open House. You will receive your table assignment during the check-in process on the day of the event. Under any circumstance, refunds will not be given.
All participating organizations must adhere to the following MSC Open House Rules:
- Your organization must be in good standing with Student Activities or be a student-driven organization sponsored by a department in order to participate at the time of registration.
- Only 3 representatives are allowed at each table at any given time. This includes volunteer shift changes. Volunteer shift changes should not be any longer than 10 minutes.
- Only 1 organization per table; i.e. no sharing tables.
- Electrical outlets will not be available at all tables. Requests for electrical power will be included in the registration process, but NOTE THAT BY REQUESTING POWER YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A TABLE WITH POWER.
- You will not be allowed to hang materials on MSC walls. Plan for another method to display your materials.
- Due to fire code violations, tables are not allowed to have chairs unless they have a medical or ADA compliant reason. Please do not move any property of the Memorial Student Center, including furniture, signage, etc.
- No balloons allowed anywhere in the building at any point
- No animals, including reptiles and insects, are permitted indoors at this event. Only service animals will be permitted.
- Audio must not interfere with the ability of other organizations to conduct conversations. If we receive a complaint about noise levels, this will qualify as an event violation.
- You may give out pre-packaged candy or food as part of your display. If you wish to give out any other kinds of foods, you will have to comply with University Center food guidelines, which can be found on their website.
- No selling, buying, nor the solicitation of goods or services is allowed at MSC Open House.
- MSC Open House Staff and University Center & Special Events reserve the right to declare cases of severe weather that could cause safety concerns. In such cases, MSC Open House Staff and University Center reserve the right to cancel outdoor displays, tables, and performances. MSC Open House Staff will notify appropriate student organizations with outdoor displays, tables and scheduled performances of such cancellations.
- We require all groups to secure pop-up tents with cement buckets, cinder blocks, or water barrels. It needs to be something heavier than a backpack. We reserve the right to remove any tents that are not properly anchored. Note: Tents are not permitted near the windows of the Memorial Student Center (MSC).
- All organizations will be required to check-in prior to setting up their tables at a designated station beginning at 11 a.m.
- Your organization must check in by 1:15 pm. If they fail to do so, your organization will forfeit their table without refund.
- All tables will now come equipped with a violation sheet that is not to be obstructed or removed from the view of MSC Open House Staff. If the sheet is removed or obstructed from view, this will count as one violation strike.
Activities and Traffic during MSC Open House
- Keep walkways clear of obstructions. This includes staircases, hallways, doorways, etc.
- Unless standing at a table speaking with an organization, actions, such as dancing in the halls, walking with large display items or standing still will not be permitted as they impede the flow of traffic.
Large Items in Outdoor Areas
If you request an outdoor location for your organization, please note the following:
- All large items, such as boats, motorcycles, kiddie pools, etc., must be approved by MSC Open House Staff 2 weeks prior to the day of MSC Open House. Any requests after this deadline will be automatically denied. If you are unsure if an item qualifies as a large item, please contact us at email@example.com or 845-1515.
- If an organization attends MSC Open House with an unapproved large item, they will not be allowed to participate.
If you have questions about outdoor displays, please call 845-1515 and ask to speak with an Open House representative. Or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require special accommodations, such as access to a chair during the event, then please contact a member of the MSC Open House Staff by calling 979-845-1515 or by emailing email@example.com 2 weeks before the event day.
Organizations must remove all tape and papers from tables at 5 p.m. Please place trash in the provided trash bags. Any items left will either be thrown away or submitted to the University Lost and Found database.
Organizations in violation of the above rules may be issued a formal warning by MSC Open House Staff. With the 3rd warning, the group in violation will be asked to leave the event and will be barred from registering and participating for the next two MSC Open House events.
Organizations without a Table
Organizations without a registered table are allowed to hand out flyers, but must abide by all of the above rules. This includes not standing stationary in doorways, hallways or stairwells, thereby impeding event traffic.
*All rules are in compliance with Texas A&M University and State of Texas fire code policies and best practices.